Leasing Manager, Oakland
Oakland, California • Community Experience • Full-time • hourlyApply for this job
Starcity’s mission is to make great cities accessible to everyone. We do that by creating beautifully designed co-living communities in major cities like San Francisco, Los Angeles, Oakland, and San Jose, with thousands of units either open or in development.
We’re a tech-enabled company that places a high value on experimentation and excellent craftsmanship. We have awesome backers including Y Combinator, and Bullpen Capital and have been featured in notable publications like The New York Times, Business Insider, San Francisco Chronicle, Silicon Valley Magazine, TechCrunch and many more.
This is an important role on the Community Experience team for one of our upcoming Oakland communities. We are looking for someone who already has a California Real Estate license to lead the community tours of potential members and guide them through their path to membership. You’ll get to work closely with fellow Community Experience team members with expertise in marketing, facilities, experience, and operations.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to coordinate maximum volume of tours by analyzing and recommending how to improve conversions
- Tour potential members through the community while explaining all property details, membership information, and community information
- Promote and educate potential members on Starcity value-add services
- Assist potential members in guiding them through the Starcity application process
- Ensure applicants complete screening, background checks, financial qualifications, and execute membership agreements
- Record all applicant information and ensure touring metric information is updated regularly through our company-wide CRM system
- Communicate member move-in logistics to facilities
- Manage existing member renewal opportunities to increase lifetime customer value
- Communicate proper rental rates and increases
- 4-6 years of experience working in residential leasing
- Possess a valid California Real Estate license
- Clear ability to articulate complicated topics like lease details
- Knowledge of Google Calendar and Google Suite platforms
- A high level of purpose and trustworthiness (our two core values)
- A passion for community and “Member-first” customer service
- Excellent project organization and time management
- Passionate, self-starting, intelligent, dedicated, efficient
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality, communications, public relations, marketing, or related field
- Oakland local with deep knowledge about the area
The position is a full-time, salaried role with health benefits, retirement plan matching and education credits.
The position is based on-site in our Oakland community, with travel to San Francisco for weekly or more frequent meetings at the Starcity HQ. Working on weekends and evenings may be required with advanced notice.
Starcity is an equal opportunity housing provider and employer and acts in these capacities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Apply for this job