Senior Property Manager / Community Director
San Francisco, California • Community Experience • Full-time • salaryApply for this job
Starcity provides beautifully designed co-living communities in major cities, and we're on track to welcome thousands (and one day millions) of customers to our communities over the coming years.
We have awesome backers including Y Combinator, Bullpen Capital, NEA, Social Capital, Index Ventures and have been featured in notable publications like The New York Times, Business Insider, San Francisco Chronicle, Silicon Valley Magazine, TechCrunch and many more.
This is a property management and hospitality role that provides exceptional member experiences and hassle-free home life. You will oversee all operations within the community, ranging from managing on-site operational staff, completing tours, maintaining the standards and expectations set forth for our tenant experience, facility maintenance, and service fulfillment. The position manages all personnel required to ensure that the building is fully operational and all processes run smoothly.
Operations Team Management
- Oversee leasing and facilities team across 7 communities and 250+ units in Oakland and San Francisco
- Collaborate with our People Ops team to develop and implement training and safety protocols
- Lease-up and stabilize a new community at 95% occupancy.
- Oversee and participate in daily leasing and turnover activities.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Asset Management teams to ensure pricing is competitive.
- Ensure an exceptional tenant move-in and move-out experience.
- Advocate for the community by enforcing community guidelines and house rules.
- Work with the Experience team to keep member retention high.
- Respond to issues and communicate with members using Starcity’s proprietary property management system and off-the-shelf software (Asana, Zendesk, etc.)
Facilities Quality Control
- Manage Facilities and housekeeping vendor team to maintain highest standards of cleanliness, safety and service fulfillment.
- Inspect the buildings daily to ensure quality standards.
- Being a driven and motivating leader with 6+ years of experience in hospitality or residential property management.
- Approaching every member and potential member interaction with empathy and self-awareness.
- Constantly pushing yourself to improve (having or pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree can help demonstrate this).
- Clear communication and articulation of complex concepts like leases.
This role receives competitive compensation, great equity in a growing startup and benefits (including 4% company match on your retirement contributions).Apply for this job