Oakland, California • Community Experience • Full-time • hourlyApply for this job
This is an important role on the Community Operations team, reporting directly to the Manager of Facilities. You will be the eyes and ears of the property, working closely within the Community/Property Management team to deliver great experiences for our members throughout their stay, and take pride in delivering excellent service.
Your focus will be primarily on maintaining the general interior and exterior condition of our Oakland property. You will supervise mechanical, electrical, plumbing system maintenance, and major repairs and perform minor repairs.
Location: Oakland, CA
Salary Range: $27-$29 an hour depending on experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide facility management and logistics support to maintain and enhance Starcity’s community spaces (kitchens, lounges, recreational areas) and apartments
- Effectively communicate with Starcity’s Community team as well as with Starcity Residents (“Community Members”)
- Respond to members in a timely manner about any facility or housekeeping related items and oversee process to fulfill these requests/concerns
- Order and maintain community consumables inventory
- Track Starcity assets, maintenance, repair, and warranty work
- Possess the ability to self perform minor repairs and train others in process to ensure quality work is being performed safely
- Oversee scheduling and daily tasks/checklists for facilities and ensure the quality of work is up to standard, including work done in rooms after member move outs
- Implement preventative maintenance plan to ensure all building systems are well maintained and conform to building code and other regulations
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Detailed understanding of and experience (4-8 years minimum) managing building systems to include mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and security
- Possess depth of knowledge of additional building trades to include: Rough and Finish carpentry, cabinetry, drywall patching and painting, furniture assembly/disassembly, weatherproofing, roofing and exterior maintenance
- Demonstrated understanding of residential space
- High level of integrity, ownership, and craftsmanship
- “Resident-first” customer service
- Proficient organizational, time management, and written and verbal communication
- Passionate, self-starting, intelligent, dedicated, efficient
- Enjoys both taking responsibility and team collaboration
- Grace under pressure
- Working knowledge of California Building Code
- Spanish speaking highly preferred
- Valid CA Driver’s License required
For consideration, please submit a resume that reflects your facilities management experience specifically.
The position is a full-time, hourly role with medical, dental and vision benefits. We also offer 401k matching up to 4% and equity as well.
The position is based at our Oakland property.
Starcity is an equal opportunity housing provider and employer, and acts in these capacities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Apply for this job