Associate Brand Designer
San Francisco, California • Brand & Marketing • Full-time • salaryApply for this job
We're a young company that's growing fast and needs people who can keep up. Above all else, we value purpose, integrity, and community in our team members. Starcity is a lifestyle brand which provides beautifully designed co-living communities in major cities, and we're on track to welcome thousands (and one-day millions) of customers to our communities over the coming years. We have awesome backers including Y Combinator, Bullpen Capital, NEA, Social Capital, Index Ventures and have been featured in notable publications like the New York Times, Business Insider, San Francisco Chronicle, Silicon Valley Magazine, TechCrunch and many more.
We’re hiring for an Associate Brand Designer. This is an important role on the Design team, reporting to the Design Director.
We’re looking for a passionate and conceptual designer with strong execution skills to support our internal marketing team with concepting and producing deliverables for a variety of channels and media. From big life events to everyday moments, you’ll be responsible for bringing the brand to life in ways that are truly inspiring.
Your role will be dynamic and challenging. Your work will play a role in evolving and innovating the brand going forward.
- 1-3 years as a graphic designer with experience designing for print (magazines and promotional materials) and for digital (advertising, website, social, and emails)
- You have a strong portfolio showcasing designs for a variety of media.
- At the core, you’re a passionate graphic designer and storyteller with a knack for designing compelling visuals, iconography, typography, layouts, and infographics.
- You have a sharp design eye and understand the fundamentals of what makes a good design.
- You possess excellent communication skills, including strong knowledge of grammar and composition rules.
- You have acute attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- You have the ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced startup environment, manage time in an efficient manner and implement feedback from others.
- You’re a pro at the Adobe Creative Suite. You’ve also worked with other design apps because the market is saturated, and besides, you’re curious.
- You’ve got some complementary skills. For example you might be a hobby photographer, a skilled portrait artist, creative copywriter, or dabble in front-end code.
- Design for marketing such as ads, social media, websites, newsletters, and events.
- Design for the brand and internal needs such as business cards, stationery, posters, t-shirts, tote bags, welcome kits, flyers, handbooks, and signage.
- Concept and design assets for projects across design disciplines, including branding/identity, print, illustration, environments, collateral, and advertising.
- Maintain our design standards and guidelines.
- Present creative concepts/design and communicate rationale to cross-functional teams.
Sounds good? Drop a line to say and send over your portfolio. We look forward to meeting you!
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical, dental and vision benefits. We hope to have the right candidate to join us as early as January 2020. The position is based at our HQ in San Francisco.
Starcity is an equal opportunity housing provider and employer and acts in these capacities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.Apply for this job