Real Estate Senior Accountant, San Francisco
San Francisco, California • Operations • Full-time • salaryApply for this job
We're a young company that's growing fast and needs people who can keep up. Above all else, we value respect, integrity, craftsmanship and perseverance in our team members.
Starcity is a lifestyle brand which provides beautifully designed co-living communities in major cities, and we're on track to welcome thousands (and one day millions) of customers to our communities over the coming years. We have awesome backers including Y Combinator, Bullpen Capital, NEA, Social Capital, Index Ventures and have been featured in notable publications like Wall St. Journal, The New York Times, The LA Times, Business Insider and many more.
This is an important role on the Accounting team, working closely with the COO and reporting directly to the Controller. Your goal is to ensure the the timeliness and accuracy of financial statements and quarterly reports, financial operations including A/R, managing annual audits, and keeping stakeholders informed about construction budgets. As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for the preparation, analysis and reporting of real estate investments and affiliated entities.
- Maintaining the general ledger for various entities
- Compiling monthly reports for properties managed by Starcity
- Assisting in organizing quarterly investor reports
- Creating supporting work papers for financial statements and schedules
- Analytical review of monthly/quarterly investments
- Reviewing expenses and reconciling bank transactions
- Running monthly rent rolls and managing the AR process
- Updating development cost tracking reports for the Project Development team
- Securing lien waivers from relevant vendors
- Helping streamline the processes and enhance Accounting Policies and Procedures
- Special projects as requested
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance (preferred)
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with general ledger accounting
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Basic knowledge of corporate structures related to real estate and private equity
- Highly communicative and collaborative with ability to follow direction
- Reliable, focused, with demonstrated ability to consistently meet goals and deadlines
- Driven by principles of stewardship and discretion
- Thrives under pressure
- Willingness to try things you’ve never done before and learn from mistakes
- Candidate on CPA track
- Real estate development, construction management, property management, or asset management experience
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical, dental, vision and retirement benefits.
Starcity is an equal opportunity housing provider and employer, and acts in these capacities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.Apply for this job