Real Estate Development Associate
San Francisco, California • Development (Design & Construction) • Full-time • salaryApply for this job
Starcity is a lifestyle brand that develops and operates beautifully designed co-living communities in major cities. We're on track to welcome thousands of residents to our communities over the coming years. We have awesome backers including Y Combinator, Bullpen Capital, NEA, Social Capital, Index Ventures and have been featured in notable publications like The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The LA Times, Business Insider and many more.
We're always on the lookout for people with endless integrity and empathy that can empower those around them to succeed. We’re on a mission to build stronger communities together.
This is a highly collaborative role on the real estate development team - you will interact with both internal and external teams to assist in the design, development, entitlements, and construction of new Starcity communities. You will work with multiple teams across functions - capital markets, architecture, building engineering, construction, and investor relations - to ensure that our developments move efficiently from inception to completion, and that all information pertaining to the developments is accurate and complete. Your role will be dynamic and challenging.
- Write and disseminate requests for proposals (RFPs) for A/E/C professionals on new development projects
- Help conduct A/E/C qualification, selection and contract review/negotiation, as well as other consultants, to assemble project teams
- Manage the coordination of A/E/C team throughout development process and provide input to design, construction, and schedule-related decisions.
- Assist in coordination with city officials and community groups to consolidate support and establish clear strategies for entitlements.
- Work with our AEC teams to secure entitlements and approvals
- Manage and update development budgets; collaborate with project teams to ensure each line item within a budget is agreed upon and tracked to meet or be below what has been projected
- Create project schedules and track schedule milestones
- Write project status reports for distribution to the Development and Capital Markets teams
- Perform physical and financial analysis and feasibility studies for major strategic decisions or potential new projects
- Prepare loan draw requests for review upon receiving consultant and contractor applications for payment
- Conduct market research to validate our development models and/or enable development strategy shifts to meet the market
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience as a development analyst or associate for a reputable real estate development firm
- Minimum B.A. or B.S. degree in architecture, urban design, engineering or a relevant real estate subject matter
- Strong quantitative, financial analysis and modeling skillsAbility to write articulately and persuasively
- Commitment to integrity and preserving confidentialityIntensely organized and detail-oriented
- Highly communicative and collaborative
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical, dental, vision and retirement benefits.The position is based at our HQ in San Francisco, but you may be expected to travel to different project sites within California from time to time.
Starcity is an equal opportunity housing provider and employer and acts in these capacities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.Apply for this job