San Francisco, California • Development (Design & Construction) • Full-time • salaryApply for this job
Starcity provides beautifully designed co-living communities in major cities, and we're on track to welcome thousands (and one day millions) of customers to our communities over the coming years. We have awesome backers including Y Combinator, Bullpen Capital, NEA, Social Capital, Index Ventures and have been featured in notable publications like the New York Times, Business Insider, San Francisco Chronicle, Silicon Valley Magazine, TechCrunch and many more.
We are seeking an Interior Designer to work closely with our Senior Interior Design Manager, Maria Del Campo. You will support her on working on several new projects (usually 3-5 projects at a time) on design, test fits, procurement and aiding development.
You will have exposure to all development processes from start to finish and see projects come to life. You can be part of the development of this new “co-living” housing category that makes housing more accessible all while delivering uncompromising design.
When applying, please upload a link to your portfolio.
- Participate in the selection and presentation of furniture, fabrics, fixtures, color palettes, and lighting.
- Assist creating finish plans, specifications, and material selections needed for the development of each project.
- Provide design support and documentation during completion and execution of design concepts.
- Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers, and fabricators. Ability to follow through on each task to make sure everything is up to standards and shared with the appropriate team members involved.
- Organize project samples, project filing binders, and finish binders in an orderly manner. Develop Spec Books per project.
- Maintaining and extending our design library of furniture, fixture and finish selections meeting Brand Standards. Setup vendor presentations to stay up to date with new items and trendy pieces that meet our project needs and budget accordingly.
- Assist managing interior design/architectural assignments that include programming project needs, design development, space planning and construction documentation.
- Assist managing FF&E Budgets/Inventories.
- Follow up on Existing Orders/ETAs.
- Order any replacement orders for each property from start to finish.
- Organize deliveries, setup installation schedules and oversee launching of properties according to plan.
- Knows CAD standards and applies them, can draw and tag finished plans and elevations and able to produce furniture layouts and floor plans skillfully.
- Ability to input sketches into CAD, block up elevations, manipulate floor plans, dimensions, create schedules, tag finishes from redline set, and set title blocks.
- Scan images and format for specs, can interpret what is needed for the ‘look’ and select appropriate FF&E items, can draw simple custom furniture drawings and details, contact vendors, order samples, collect and document pricing and lead times and research sourcing .
- Communicate with Project Manager(s) regularly, alerting them of possible problems or conflicts with project specs, drawings, vendor delays, etc.
- Offer unsolicited feedback on how to improve systems and procedures when opportunities arise.
FF&E Specification Requirements
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in interior design
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in interior design and procurement.
- Strong hand-sketching skills. Able to sketch something quickly in order to show ideas and concepts.
- Proficient skills in AutoCAD (a must), Photoshop, InDesign, and MS Office, Revit - will be a benefit.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Self-starter who is not afraid to ask questions.
- Must be highly reliable and proactive, as well as detail-oriented.
- Possess well-developed visualization skills and be able to convey intent of ideas easily and quickly, both verbally and visually.
- Understand project programming, budgets and deadlines.
- Be willing to occasionally travel, domestically.
We offer benefits, equity, a $5,000 a year education credit and 401k matching up to 4%. Come join our growing team!Apply for this job