Accounts Receivable + Member Operations Associate
San Francisco, California • Operations • Full-time • salaryApply for this job
We're a young company that's growing fast and needs people who can keep up. Above all else, we value: purpose, perseverance, integrity, trust, community and humility.
Starcity provides beautifully designed co-living communities in major cities, and we're on track to welcome thousands (and one day millions) of customers to our communities over the coming years. We have awesome backers including Y Combinator, Bullpen Capital, NEA, Social Capital, Index Ventures and have been featured in notable publications like The New York Times, Business Insider, San Francisco Chronicle, Silicon Valley Magazine, TechCrunch and many more.
We seek an Accounts Receivable + Member Operations Associate who is customer service focused. This is an important role on the Operations team, reporting directly to the Senior Member Operations Manager. Your goal, first and foremost, is to ensure the trust and safety of our members through adhering to--and, when necessary, improving-- our policies and procedures.
- Work with the Community and Engineering teams to find opportunities to increase efficiencies in our member-facing processes often regarding payments
- Manage execution and amendments to membership agreements
- Provide off-boarding instructions, complete turnover reports and return security deposits timely
- Communicate with members to capture late payments to keep delinquency low and ensure timely payments
- Respond to issues escalated by the Community and Growth teams for further review
- Assist in enforcing community guidelines as well as Starcity’s policies and procedures regarding all member interactions
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience in residential leasing or property management
- Understanding of billing and accounts receivable.
- Ability to address delicate issues with tact and positivity
- Working knowledge of fair housing practices and residential real estate law
- Highly communicative and collaborative, with ability to take direction
- Reliable, focused, with demonstrated ability to consistently meet goals and deadlines
- Strong time management skills and experience managing numerous deals simultaneously
- Thrives under pressure
- Sense of humor!
- Desire to try things you’ve never done before and learn from mistakes
- Experience in co-operative living environments or hospitality management
- Licensed CA real estate salesperson
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical, dental, vision and retirement benefits.
You will be working under a CA licensed broker (BRE # pending) and may accrue hours toward obtaining BRE licenses.
The position is based at our HQ in San Francisco but you may be expected to travel to different project sites within California from time to time.
Starcity is an equal opportunity housing provider and employer, and acts in these capacities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Apply for this job