Facilities Technician (Marina Del Rey + Venice Beach)
Los Angeles, California • Community Experience • Full-time • hourlyApply for this job
We're a young company that's growing fast and needs people who can keep up. Above all else, we look for trusting and trustworthy people who have a clear purpose that drives them.
This is an important role on the Community team, ensuring that each assigned community maintains a high-quality standard and turnovers are completed timely. You will be the eyes and ears of the property, working closely within the Community team to deliver great experiences for our members throughout their stay, and take pride in delivering excellent service. You will work under facility management and focus primarily on maintaining the general interior and exterior condition of our buildings. You will supervise mechanical, electrical, plumbing system maintenance, and major repairs and perform minor repairs.
Location: Marina Del Rey and/or Venice Communities
Pay: $22 an hour, depending on experience, with full benefits (401k matching) and start-up equity.
- Provide facility management and logistics support to maintain and enhance Starcity’s community spaces (kitchens, lounges, recreational areas) and private units
- Effectively communicate with Starcity’s Community team as well as with Starcity Residents (“Community Members”) regarding the status of open tickets and strategy for addressing complicated issues
- Respond to members in a timely manner about any facility or housekeeping related items and oversee process to fulfill these requests/concerns
- Order and maintain community consumables inventory
- Track Starcity assets, maintenance, repair, and warranty work
- Possess the ability to self-perform minor repairs and train others in our processes to ensure quality work is being performed safely
- Oversee scheduling and daily tasks/checklists for facilities and ensure the quality of work is up to standard, including work done in rooms after member move-outs
- Implement preventative maintenance plan to ensure all building systems are well maintained and conform to building code and other regulations
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Detailed understanding of and experience (4-8 years minimum) managing building systems to include mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and security
- Possess depth of knowledge of additional building trades to include: Rough and Finish carpentry, cabinetry, drywall patching and painting, furniture assembly/disassembly, weatherproofing, roofing and exterior maintenance
- Demonstrated understanding of residential space
- High level of integrity, ownership, and craftsmanship
- “Resident-first” customer service
- Proficient organizational, time management, and written and verbal communication
- Passionate, self-starting, intelligent, dedicated, efficient
- Enjoys both taking responsibility and team collaboration
- Grace under pressure
- Working knowledge of California Building Code
- Spanish speaking highly preferred
- Valid CA Driver’s License required
For consideration, please submit a resume that reflects your facilities management experience specifically.
The position is a full-time, hourly role with medical, dental and vision benefits.
The position is based at our Marina Del Rey and/or Venice Communities.
Starcity is an equal opportunity housing provider and employer, and acts in these capacities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Apply for this job