Senior Full Stack Engineer
San Francisco, California • Product Engineering • Full-time • salaryApply for this job
Starcity provides beautifully designed co-living communities in major cities, and we're on track to welcome thousands (and one day millions) of customers to our communities over the coming years. We have awesome backers including Y Combinator, Bullpen Capital, NEA, Social Capital, Index Ventures and have been featured in notable publications like The New York Times, Business Insider, San Francisco Chronicle, Silicon Valley Magazine, TechCrunch and many more.
This Senior Full Stack Engineer will be a part of the Product Engineering team - building products and features for people that call Starcity’s communities, home. We are constantly deepening the integration between our newly released mobile app and our broader communities’ physical space. That integration includes both traditional feature development as well as improving our residents’ lives through careful introduction of IoT devices.
In this role, you’ll work with the team that is responsible for expanding the experience for Starcity members. This currently includes both web and mobile platforms. We’re actively pursuing deeper integration into the physical space with different IoT considerations.
- 5+ years of software development experience; minimum of 1 year of ReactNative experience and deep understanding of React and its core principles (Or comparable skill set)
- Experience ideally with React workflows (i.e. Flux, Redux).
- Strong ability to lead and mentor engineers. Great communication skills. Comfortable writing technical specs to document and explain ideas, story writing, etc.
- Form strong relationships with other members of product dev team.
- Highly product-oriented, analytical, and deep thinker.
- Experience working in a rapid, Agile environment.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU
- Have developed and published applications for Android.
- Have Github project(s) and open source contributions.
- Have worked in a Test Driven Development (TDD) environment before.
- Have Continuous Integration And Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) experience in an Agile Environment.
- IoT experience.
- Experience working with GraphQL.