San Francisco, California • Operations • Full-time • salaryApply for this job
We're a young company that's growing fast and needs people who can keep up. Above all else, we value respect, integrity, craftsmanship and perseverance in our team members.
Starcity is a lifestyle brand which provides beautifully designed co-living communities in major cities, and we're on track to welcome thousands (and one day millions) of customers to our communities over the coming years. We have awesome backers including Y Combinator, Bullpen Capital, NEA, Social Capital, Index Ventures and have been featured in notable publications like The New York Times, Business Insider, San Francisco Chronicle, Silicon Valley Magazine, TechCrunch and many more.
This is an important role on the Operations/Finance team, working closely with the COO and reporting directly to the SVP of Finance and Accounting. Your goal is to ensure the the timeliness and accuracy of financial statements and quarterly reports, financial operations including AR, managing annual audits, and running point on project cost tracking. As an Accounting Associate you will be responsible for the preparation, analysis and reporting of real estate investments and affiliated entities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining the general ledger for various entities
- Creating supporting work papers for financial statements and schedules
- Preparing financial statements and footnote disclosures
- Organizing quarterly investor reports
- Analytical review of monthly/quarterly investments
- Reviewing expenses and reconciling bank transactions
- Running monthly rent rolls and managing the AR process
- Updating development cost tracking reports for the Project Development team
- Securing lien waivers from relevant vendors
- Helping streamline the processes and enhance Accounting Policies and Procedures
- Special projects as requested
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor in accounting or finance (preferred)
- 1+ years of relevant work experience with general ledger accounting
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Highly communicative and collaborative, with ability to follow direction
- Reliable, focused, with demonstrated ability to consistently meet goals and deadlines
- Driven by principles of stewardship and discretion
- Thrives under pressure
- Willingness to try things you’ve never done before and learn from mistakes
- Candidate on CPA track
- Real estate development, property management, or asset management accounting experience
- Basic knowledge of corporate structures related to real estate and private equity
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical, dental, vision and retirement benefits. You will be working under a CA licensed CPA and may accrue hours toward obtaining a CPA license.
The position is based at our HQ in San Francisco but you will be expected to travel to different project sites in the city and surrounding Bay Area from time to time.
Starcity is an equal opportunity housing provider and employer, and acts in these capacities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.Apply for this job