Real Estate Investor Relations Director
San Francisco, California • Capital Markets • Full-time • salaryApply for this job
Starcity is a lifestyle brand which provides beautifully designed co-living communities in major cities, and we're on track to welcome thousands (and one day millions) of customers to our communities over the coming years. We have awesome backers including Y Combinator, and Bullpen Capital and have been featured in notable publications like The New York Times, Business Insider, San Francisco Chronicle, Silicon Valley Magazine, TechCrunch and many more.
Our mission is to make great cities accessible to everyone. We do that by building beautifully designed coliving homes —a unique new affordable where you can live with great people in the city you love. We’re a tech-enabled company that places a high value on experimentation and excellent craftsmanship.
As the Real Estate Investor Relations Director, you will work within the Capital Markets team and collaborate with the Development and Operations teams to connect the ever-growing challenges of the business with people and groups who can help solve them. You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining close and trusting relationships with our investors, managing our reporting calendar and developing reporting that tells the Starcity story in a compelling way. You'll work directly with the CEO and Managing Director of Capital Markets to ensure that we have best-in-class service for our myriad investors.
You’ll help facilitate new introductions for the team and ensure high satisfaction for our existing investors. To the extent existing investors increase their investments with Starcity due to your efforts, you will participate in our commission compensation plan.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reporting - Timely reporting to existing real estate investors and lenders
- Relationship Quality - High satisfaction of Starcity investors and lenders
- Collaboration Quality - High satisfaction of Starcity employees who internally work with capital markets team
- Relationship Cadence - Interact with investors on a daily basis, responding to questions and fielding requests
- Tracking - Update and maintain data in Client Relationship Management System
- Visualization - Create beautifully designed (with the help of our design team) presentations that simply explain where we've been, how we're doing and where we're going.
Education, Skills, & Experience
- Minimum 6+ yrs experience in private equity / real estate investor relations
- Bachelor's degree in economics, business administration or finance
- Intermediate knowledge of real estate development and finance. Has an understanding of basic real estate economics in a pro-forma, understands real estate finance concepts (IRR, return on cost, cap rates, etc.), familiar with different pools of real estate capital markets, can understand a typical investor waterfall structure, etc.
- Salesforce and Tableau experience a plus
Apply for this job