San Francisco, California • Software Engineering • Full-time • salaryApply for this job
Starcity is a lifestyle brand which provides beautifully designed co-living communities in major cities, and we're on track to welcome thousands (and one day millions) of customers to our communities over the coming years. We have awesome backers including Y Combinator, Bullpen Capital, NEA, Social Capital, Index Ventures and have been featured in notable publications like The New York Times, Business Insider, San Francisco Chronicle, Silicon Valley Magazine, TechCrunch and many more.
Our mission is to make great cities accessible to everyone. We do that by creating community homes—a unique new affordable way to live in cities. We’re a tech-enabled company that places a high value on experimentation and excellent craftsmanship.
As Starcity's first data architect, you will report directly to our CTO and lay the foundational infrastructure that powers Starcity's business intelligence endeavors. You will be responsible for the selection of technologies to be used for Starcity's data pipeline, integrating a variety of external and internal services into our data warehouse, and designing/maintaining a variety of schemas to hold our various data sources. You will be expected to demonstrate significant leadership with respect to Starcity's efforts to ingest, store and analyze data.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design database schemas for the purposes of data analysis
- Build ETL pipelines to consolidate data from many different sources
- Define and implement security best practices surrounding sensitive information
- Collaborate with product, engineering teams and data science teams to identify and collect important data
- Create and optimize SQL queries and models for data analysis
Education, Skills, & Experience
- 5+ years in a data engineering/architect role
- Expertise in SQL databases
- Experience with data visualization tools, e.g. Looker
- Familiarity with Python and/or R
- Experience with Clojure and/or Datomic
- Familiarity building LookML models
- BS in Computer Science