San Francisco, California • Development (Design & Construction) • Full-time • salaryApply for this job
We're a young company that's growing fast and needs people who can keep up. Above all else, we value respect, integrity, craftsmanship and perseverance in our team members.
Starcity is a lifestyle brand which provides beautifully designed co-living communities in major cities, and we're on track to welcome thousands (and one day millions) of customers to our communities over the coming years. We have awesome backers including Y Combinator, Bullpen Capital, NEA, Social Capital, Index Ventures and have been featured in notable publications like The New York Times, Business Insider, San Francisco Chronicle, Silicon Valley Magazine, TechCrunch and many more.
This is an important role on the Product Development team, reporting directly to the Director of Project Management. You will manage ground up mid- and high-rise projects, along with remodel and special building improvement project initiatives, focused primarily on ensuring quality, identifying risk, controlling cost, and delivering projects at speed and scale.
You will work closely with our internal Growth, Community, R&D, Technology, and Operations Teams to provide buildings as a product in the form of Starcity Communities and support and inform their initiatives. Externally, you will manage our design and build service providers to track and report on cost and schedule status, change management, submittal, procurement, and aspects of quality and safety.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of project development from post-acquisition to pre-operations
- Manage all aspects of procurement and contracting of design/build contractor/subcontractors, designers and consulting engineers
- Manage RFI and submittals from contractor/subcontractors, designers and engineers
- Manage document control and change management both of internal Starcity and by external contractors and consultants and identify, and inform impacts to project cost and schedule
- Manage the construction close out process with general and subcontractors and support Starcity launch to stabilization process with Starcity Community, Operations, and Facility Teams
- Maintain and improve Starcity Projects
- Management Process Inform Starcity Design Guidelines
- Support Facility Maintenance Team and inform Facility Infrastructure Standards
- Support Growth and Acquisition Teams and manage RFQ/RFP Process
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, construction management, engineering or development field
- 5-10 years of experience working for a general contractor or real estate developer
- Possess deep knowledge of design/build contracting processes and procedures
- Possess deep knowledge of multifamily real estate development and operations
- Demonstrated understanding of residential & commercial spaces and correlating codes
- Possess a high level of integrity, ownership, and craftsmanship
- Possess a passion for “Member-first” customer service
- Provide excellent project organization and time management
- Passionate, self-starting, intelligent, dedicated, efficient
- Enjoys both taking responsibility and team collaboration
For consideration, please submit a resume that reflects your project management experience specifically.
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical, dental and vision benefits. We hope to have the right candidate join us Fall 2018.
The position is based at our HQ in San Francisco but you will be expected to travel to different project sites in the city and surrounding Bay Area on a day-to-day basis. Starcity is an equal opportunity housing provider and employer, and acts in these capacitieswithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.Apply for this job