San Francisco, California • Community • Full-time • salaryApply for this job
We're a young company that's growing fast and needs people who can keep up. Above all else, we value respect, integrity, craftsmanship and perseverance in our team members.
This is an important role on the Community Operations team, reporting directly to the Community Director of Operations. You will lead our housekeeping staff, ensuring a high quality of cleanliness across all of our community spaces, assessing room condition before new move-ins and after resident move-outs, and ensuring all cleaning requests (turnovers and additional cleaning orders) are prioritized, communicated, and executed in a timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the housekeeping team’s weekly cleaning schedule and perform quality assurance
- Write, maintain and update cleanliness standards of rooms
- Perform routine inspections of communal space and private rooms for quality in cleanliness
- Inspect and assess room condition before member move ins & after member move outs
- Oversee that daily tasks/checklists for housekeeping team are updated and prioritized correctly
- Manage and distribute inventory (cleaning chemicals, linen and consumables that residents need), including budgeting
- Recruit, interview and train new housekeeping team members
- Notify the facilities manager of any and all building operational issues
- Full knowledge of all cleaning supplies and recommended chemicals
- Coach and mentor housekeeping team as needed
- Respond to members in a timely manner about any housekeeping related inquiries and helping hands inquiries such as room cleanings, and laundry services - oversee the process to ensure they are fulfilled correctly
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Awareness of what constitutes a clean and sanitary environment
- Experience with cleaning products
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to work with hand tools and cleaning equipment
- Ability to work as a team
- Excellent communication skills with Facilities Manager
- Excellent customer service skills
- Spanish speaking highly preferred
- Valid CA Driver’s License required
For consideration, please submit a resume that reflects your housekeeping management experience specifically.
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical, dental and vision benefits. We hope to have the right candidate join us as early as October 2018. The position is based at our HQ in San Francisco but you will be expected to travel to different communities/buildings in the city on a day-to-day basis.
Starcity is an equal opportunity housing provider and employer, and acts in these capacities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.Apply for this job