Full Stack Software Engineer
San Francisco, California • Technology • Full-time • salaryApply for this job
Starcity is a lifestyle brand which provides beautifully designed co-living communities in major cities, and we're on track to welcome thousands (and one day millions) of customers to our communities over the coming years. We have awesome backers including Y Combinator, and Bullpen Capital and have been featured in notable publications like The New York Times, Business Insider, San Francisco Chronicle, Silicon Valley Magazine, TechCrunch and many more.
Our mission is to make great cities accessible to everyone. We do that by building beautifully designed coliving homes —a unique new affordable where you can live with great people in the city you love. We’re a tech-enabled company that places a high value on experimentation and excellent craftsmanship.
As a full stack software engineer, you will work on teams that maintain a variety of web applications and services spanning rich single-page applications, payments services, GraphQL API server(s), and lots in between. You should be experienced in UI programming, integration with web APIs, design and implementation of web APIs, and database technologies (ideally relational).
Our technology stack is ClojureScript on the frontend (re-frame) and Clojure on the backend. We use GraphQL (implemented with lacinia) for our API and Datomic as our database. We’re hosted on AWS.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Exhibit strong attention to detail; able to think several steps beyond the initial requirements
- Ensure technical feasibility of new features and manage expectations
- Architect interfaces that scale as features accumulate and requirements change
- Understand when and where to optimize code
- Build libraries out of common patterns
Education, Skills, & Experience
- 3+ years of web development experience
- Experience with functional programming, ideally with Clojure/ClojureScript
- Experience with databases, relational databases preferred
- Competence with server and browser web technologies
- Experience with REST and GraphQL web APIs
- Bachelors degree not a must
- Has worked with infrastructure-as-code tooling, preferably Terraform
- Maintains or contributes to notable OSS repositories
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Passion for leading teams, setting vision, and operating in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about technology and enjoy writing code
- Experience with Datomic
- BS in Computer Science
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical, dental, vision and retirement benefits.
The position is based at our HQ in San Francisco but you may be expected to travel to different project sites in the greater San Francisco Bay Area.
Starcity is an equal opportunity housing provider and employer, and acts in these capacities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.Apply for this job