San Francisco, California • Development (Design & Construction) • Full-time • salaryApply for this job
Starcity is a lifestyle brand which provides beautifully designed co-living communities in major cities, and we're on track to welcome thousands (and one day millions) of customers to our communities over the coming years. We have awesome backers including Y Combinator, and Bullpen Capital and have been featured in notable publications like The New York Times, Business Insider, San Francisco Chronicle, Silicon Valley Magazine, TechCrunch and many more.
Our mission is to make great cities accessible to everyone. We do that by building beautifully designed coliving homes —a unique new affordable where you can live with great people in the city you love. We’re a tech-enabled company that places a high value on experimentation and excellent craftsmanship.
The BIM/VDC Coordinator will report to the BIM/VDC Manager and support Starcity projects and R&D initiatives. The BIM/VDC Coordinator will coordinate the collaborative production, maintenance, and dissemination of the unified building information models and associated construction documents of Starcity’s growing portfolio of mid-rise and high-rise residential buildings.
The role entails ongoing responsibility for making sure that all models and construction documents meet required criteria for completeness and detail across building subsystems, are consistently up to date, and remain organized and accessible to stakeholders. The BIM coordinator will have a strong proficiency with industry tools and Autodesk software packages (including Revit, Navisworks), and must have experience implementing 5D BIM. Experience with Dynamo, the Forge platform, 6D BIM, BIM 360, or related, is a plus.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Support project teams of architects, engineers, and builders to produce fully integrated, comprehensive, and detailed 5D/6D building information models that include all building subsystems.
- Ensure that all Models are up to date, organized, and readily accessible to all project team members at all times.
- Perform clash detections and work with project partners to remedy detected issues.
- Develop a list of costs codes that describes the comprehensive set of construction steps and subassemblies of each of Starcity’s projects, and work with the BIM Director to refine the cost-coding system.
- Develop phased build schedules (4D BIM) and associated budgets, payout schedules, materials takeoff lists and bills of materials (5D BIM), as well as labor cost estimates for each cost code.
- Work closely with the BIM/VDC Manager to refine Starcity’s BIM software stack and BIM creation process.
- Work closely with the BIM/VDC Manager to produce manufacturable subassemblies in Revit and Dynamo.
Skills, Education, & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in architecture, engineering, construction management or related field with stellar academic performance.
- Passion for BIM and related technologies.
- 3 or more years of experience with BIM in a professional setting.
- Experience implementing 5D BIM with a portfolio of projects.
- Wizard with Revit, Navisworks, and related software packages.
- Working understanding of the construction process, project delivery methods, and contracting types including Design/Build and Integrated Project Delivery.
- Experience with collaborative VR tools and Revit integrations.
- Experience with Augmented and/or Mixed Reality in a construction setting.
- Familiarity with digital construction project management tools, scheduling software, and and productivity tracking systems.
- Experience with Dynamo and basics of software coding (loops, if/else, etc).
- Familiarity with design for manufacture principles and practices.
- Familiarity with AIA G202.
- Familiarity with or exposure to Lean construction or Lean principles in general.
- Experience implementing BIM for ongoing operations and maintenance.
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical, dental, vision and retirement benefits. We would be looking to have this position filled and begin work by October of 2018. The position is based at our HQ in San Francisco but you may be expected to occasionally travel to project sites in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, and elsewhere.
Starcity is an equal opportunity housing provider and employer, and acts in these capacities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.Apply for this job