Member Concierge/Front Desk Associate (Marina Del Rey)
Los Angeles, California • Community • Full-time • hourlyApply for this job
Starcity is a lifestyle brand which provides beautifully designed co-living communities in major cities, and we're on track to welcome thousands (and one day millions) of customers to our communities over the coming years. We have awesome backers including Y Combinator, and Bullpen Capital and have been featured in notable publications like The New York Times, Business Insider, San Francisco Chronicle, Silicon Valley Magazine, TechCrunch and many more.
Our mission is to make great cities accessible to everyone. We do that by building beautifully designed coliving homes —a unique new affordable where you can live with great people in the city you love. We’re a tech-enabled company that places a high value on experimentation and excellent craftsmanship. We are seeking a Member Concierge for our Marina Del Rey property (located close to Venice). This is role is vital to our Community Team (the team that interfaces with all members living at our Starcity properties). You will represent Starcity in the lobby of our Marina del Rey property where you will assist with member requests, receiving phone calls to the property, assisting with package and mail deliveries, coordinating and fulfilling applicable value added services, and directing any guests visiting the property. This is similar to a front desk role at a hotel except you will be out from behind the desk interfacing with our members to provide them an exceptional experience. So if you love helping people you will love this role. Someone with prior experience as Front Desk Manager or an Executive Assistance who is interested in a high growth hospitality career type track and doesn’t want to be at a “desk only” type job would be a great fit. The next step after this role could be path could go many directions as we are a fast moving startup with lots of areas of opportunity. You will be supported and joined in the trenches with Starcity co-workers who come from some of best customer centric brands out there - Standard Hotels, WeWork, Fairmont, Equinox, Hilton and more. This role will out of our Venice Headquarters and reports directly to the Community Director of Experience. Important detail: Living in West LA is a must (commute-wise) and a bonus (not a must) is being flexible to work some evening and weekend shifts as needed (and for the most part pre-planned). And if evening or weekend work is required, we are happy to give time off the following week to compensate.
- Work closely with Community Experience and Operations Team to complete all member requests that are reported through the reception desk
- Receive all incoming phone calls
- Guide visiting guests to the correct areas of the property
- Receive package and mail deliveries. Organize and log all received packages and organize for further room delivery
- Assist Community Experience Manager in promoting Helping Hands value add services
- Assist Community Operations and Experience Team in fulfilling applicable Helping Hands Services
- Organize Helping Hands dashboard workflow while ensuring all orders are correctly filled and the members are charged accurately
Education, Skills and Experience:
- 1-3 years of experience working in a hospitality related profession
- Knowledge of Google Calendar and Google Suite platforms
- A high level of integrity, perseverance and humility
- A passion for community and “Member-first” customer service
- Excellent project organization and time management
- Passionate, self-starting, intelligent, dedicated, efficient
For consideration, please submit a resume that reflects your hospitality related experience.
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical, dental and vision benefits. We hope to have the right candidate join us in December 2018. The position is based full time at our Marina del Rey community.
Starcity is an equal opportunity housing provider and employer, and acts in these capacities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.Apply for this job