San Francisco, California • Product Development • Full-time • salaryApply for this job
We're a young company that's growing fast and needs people who can keep up. Above all else, we value purpose, integrity and community in our team members.
Starcity is a lifestyle brand which provides beautifully designed co-living communities in major cities, and we're on track to welcome thousands (and one day millions) of customers to our communities over the coming years. We have awesome backers including Y Combinator, Bullpen Capital, NEA, Social Capital, Index Ventures and have been featured in notable publications like the New York Times, Business Insider, San Francisco Chronicle, Silicon Valley Magazine, TechCrunch and many more.
We are hiring for an Acquisitions Analyst. This is an important role on the Growth team, reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer. Your goal will be to introduce and steward efficiencies to the Starcity acquisition processes and streamline deal analysis. You will work with multiple teams across functions - design, architecture, building/systems engineering and construction, and software engineering - to analyze Starcity asset performance. Your role will be dynamic and challenging. The metrics you track and monitor will be what dictates our iterative design and development process.
You must be comfortable suggesting and implementing new ideas that improve quality, reduce cost, and provide a level of detail that investors and community members will appreciate. You understand that there are always new opportunities for improvement and eliminating waste.
- +2 Years experience in investment banking, financial analyst, real estate acquisitions or consulting
- Strong financial modeling skills (Excel)
- Strong knowledge of real estate finance
- Extreme attention to detail
- Very strong research and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Tableau Knowledge of Visual Basic Applications (not required but a plus)
- Fast learner and very adaptable person
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced startup environment
- Build complex proformas using excel for ground up development and adaptive reuse opportunities. Keep the pulse on our regions, real estate markets and adjacent markets and prepare reports for the team and investors.
- Work with software team to build financial products
- Market analysis, keep the pulse on large market trends and what markets should the company venture next.
- Market analysis, build deep COMP sets to evaluate the demand feasibility of projects.
- Creating deal memos, keynotes, market playbooks and other presentation materials required for investors and investment committees.
- Conducting financial analysis on the feasibility of real estate transactions under different structures and capital stacks.
- Develop complex financial models on the transactions that the company is pursuing.
- Maintaining and Developing relationships with brokers to handle top of the funnel inbound deal flow.
- Assist in developing and maintaining relationships with brokers, investors and developers to generate new business opportunities
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical, dental and vision benefits. We hope to have the right candidate join us as early as June 2018. The position is based at our HQ in San Francisco but you will be expected to travel to different project sites in the city and surrounding Bay Area on a day-to-day basis.
Starcity is an equal opportunity housing provider and employer, and acts in these capacities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.Apply for this job