San Francisco, California • Engineering • Full-time • salaryApply for this job
Starcity is a lifestyle brand which provides beautifully designed co-living communities in major cities, and we're on track to welcome thousands (and one day millions) of customers to our communities over the coming years. We have awesome backers including Y Combinator, and Bullpen Capital and have been featured in notable publications like The New York Times, Business Insider, San Francisco Chronicle, Silicon Valley Magazine, TechCrunch and many more.
Our mission is to make great cities accessible to everyone. We do that by building beautifully designed coliving homes —a unique new affordable where you can live with great people in the city you love. We’re a tech-enabled company that places a high value on experimentation and excellent craftsmanship.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will build and maintain infrastructure on a variety of web applications and services spanning single-page applications, payments services, GraphQL API server(s), and lots in between. You will be responsible for the ongoing growth and stability of our infrastructure as we continue to add and develop new services, implementation of logging and monitoring solutions, improving our environments from development to production, and putting disaster recovery provisions into place.
Our technology stack is ClojureScript on the frontend (re-frame) and Clojure on the backend. We use GraphQL (implemented with lacinia) for our API and Datomic as our database. We’re hosted on AWS, and are big believers in "infrastructure as code" via Terraform.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee our AWS deployment.
- Maintain and improve our Terraform modules/deployment.
- Define and document clear processes and for infrastructure development and delivery.
- Monitor build pipelines with a sense of ownership and purpose to maintain trust in the build systems.
- Implement monitoring systems that deliver useful insights and identify potential issues before they become fires.
- Mentor our engineering team on DevOps best practices.
Education, Skills, & Experience
- Deep knowledge of AWS
- Experience deploying and maintaining production infrastructure with Terraform
- Familiarity with other Hashicorp products, e.g. Vault, Consul, Vagrant, Packer
- Thorough knowledge of continuous integration and delivery
- Experience with containerization solutions
Apply for this job