San Francisco, California • Operations • Full-time • salaryApply for this job
Starcity is a lifestyle brand which provides beautifully designed co-living communities in major cities, and we're on track to welcome thousands (and one day millions) of customers to our communities over the coming years. We have awesome backers including Y Combinator, and Bullpen Capital and have been featured in notable publications like The New York Times, Business Insider, San Francisco Chronicle, Silicon Valley Magazine, TechCrunch and many more.
Our mission is to make great cities accessible to everyone. We do that by building beautifully designed coliving homes —a unique new affordable where you can live with great people in the city you love. We’re a tech-enabled company that places a high value on experimentation and excellent craftsmanship.
This is an important role on the Operations team, reporting initially to the Chief Operations Officer. As the company’s first IT Specialist, you’ll be tasked with making sure our network infrastructure is running both in our corporate offices and in our residential communities in San Francisco. You’ll also get to help welcome new members of our corporate team by training them on our communication tools and custom-built software. You’ll team up with software engineers to help us develop new ways to increase operational efficiency.
- Working with ISPs and vendors to build and maintain network infrastructure in our communities Ensure > 99% uptime of all networks, building redundancy where prudent
- Travel to our communities in San Francisco as needed to troubleshoot network problems as they arise
- Respond to tickets from members regarding technical difficulties with our network
- Plan, develop and maintain our security systems across offices and communities
- Deliver a cutting-edge remote conferencing experience to make our daily meetings between regional offices seamless
- Set up equipment for our new team members and train them on SaaS products, administering account access
- Generate process documentation to preserve institutional knowledge and give members and employees a repository to answer FAQs
- Recommend process improvements to ensure system reliability, scalability, security, integrity and performance
Education, Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years in customer-service oriented technology training, network architecting and maintenance, and IT
- Bachelors degree optional
- Exceptional collaborator and teacher
- Proactive and independent work ethic
- Excellent customer-service mindsetMust be able to perform manual tasks related to setting up and administering a physical network
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical, dental and vision benefits. We hope to have the right candidate join us as early as November 2018 but we are flexible to start in 2019 as well. This position is based at our HQ in San Francisco, but you will be expected to travel to different communities in the city on a day-to-day basis.Apply for this job