Director of Software Engineering
San Francisco, California • Technology • Full-time • salaryApply for this job
Starcity is a lifestyle brand which provides beautifully designed co-living communities in major cities, and we're on track to welcome thousands (and one day millions) of customers to our communities over the coming years. We have awesome backers including Y Combinator, and Bullpen Capital and have been featured in notable publications like The New York Times, Business Insider, San Francisco Chronicle, Silicon Valley Magazine, TechCrunch and many more.
Our mission is to make great cities accessible to everyone. We do that by building beautifully designed coliving homes —a unique new affordable where you can live with great people in the city you love. We’re a tech-enabled company that places a high value on experimentation and excellent craftsmanship.
As Director of Software Engineering, you will work as a leader of Starcity's software engineering team that builds and maintains a variety of web applications and services spanning rich single-page applications, payments services, GraphQL API server(s), and lots in between. You should be experienced with front and back-end programming, databases, agile development, engineering management and recruiting.
Our technology stack is ClojureScript on the frontend (re-frame) and Clojure on the backend. We use GraphQL (implemented with lacinia) for our API and Datomic as our database. We’re hosted on AWS.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with engineers to create critical systems and design a roadmap for software products in collaboration with other engineering leaders.
- Grow a great team of software engineers with a culture of mentorship and integrity.
- Collaborate with product management to ensure our software products helps meet our company goals and allows the business to scale.
- Effectively allocate engineering resources such that our projects are delivered on-time and are of high quality.
- Identify and implement process improvements that allow our engineering team to run more efficiently.
- Provide engineering mentorship and technical insight.
Education, Skills, & Experience
- Experience in a senior engineering management role.
- 5-10+ years experience building software at scale.
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Passion for leading teams, setting vision, and operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about technology and enjoy writing code.
Apply for this job