Talent Acquisition Associate
San Francisco, California • Operations • Full-time • salaryApply for this job
We're a young company that's growing fast and needs people who can keep up. Above all else, we value respect, integrity, craftsmanship and perseverance in our team members.
Starcity is a lifestyle brand which provides beautifully designed co-living communities in major cities, and we're on track to welcome thousands (and one day millions) of customers to our communities over the coming years. We have awesome backers including Y Combinator, Bullpen Capital, NEA, Social Capital, Index Ventures and have been featured in notable publications like The New York Times, Business Insider, San Francisco Chronicle, Silicon Valley Magazine, TechCrunch and many more.
The role: Our operations team is the internal support system ensuring every department will grow quickly and sustainably. As part of Starcity’s Talent Acquisition's team, you’ll be fundamental in finding our most important asset: our people. You’ll be the first point of contact for and shepherd of prospective and new Starcity team members. You will report into our Director of Talent and work closely with our COO, and department leaders to source and identify qualified candidates, guide them through our hiring process, and coordinate the transition to full-fledged team member.
This is a great opportunity to join a company that is growing a lot - we will add 40-60 team members on this year. Is great if you want to be exposed to other areas of people operations as well.
About you: You are a proactive, organized and radiant person who is passionate about connecting people to a company on a mission to make cities more accessible to everyone. You have high social intelligence and can read subtlety in intonation and body language. You are articulate, witty, work best with deadlines, and err on the side of over-communicating. And you have an opinion about how things could be done better!
- Coordinate multiple searches across various fields (tech, accounting, construction, hospitality, etc.) and experience levels
- Source and engage top candidates for open positions
- Review and qualify resumes and cover letters
- Conduct initial candidate phone screenings
- Drive the hiring process from first outreach to post-offer acceptance
- Craft a delightful candidate experience. Candidates should be kept informed throughout the interview process
- Partner with hiring managers to write consistent job descriptions, develop interview processes for open roles, and deliver training on interview techniques
- Own internal programs for employee referral and internal mobility
- Manage tooling/vendors for recruiting and resource allocation against a budget while meeting hiring goals
- Own and develop employer branding initiatives that attract diverse, high quality, and values-aligned candidates
- Collaborate with other People Ops team members and managers on on-boarding new employees
- 1-2+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience in a fast-paced environment, ideally a technology company or a startup. Agency only experience is welcomed too.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Commitment to excellence
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Grace under pressure
- Consistent and timely follow through
- Familiarity with online recruiting tools and platforms
- Experience using Lever or other recruiting ATS (Greenhouse, Hire by Google, etc.)
- Spanish, Cantonese or Mandarin proficiency
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical, dental and vision benefits. We hope to have the right candidate join us as early as September 2018. The position is based at our HQ in San Francisco.
Starcity is an equal opportunity housing provider and employer, and acts in these capacities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.Apply for this job