Real Estate Paralegal
San Francisco, California • Operations • Full-time • salaryApply for this job
We're a young company that's growing fast and needs people who can keep up. Above all else, we value: purpose, perseverance, integrity, trust, community and humility.
Starcity is a lifestyle brand which provides beautifully designed co-living communities in major cities, and we're on track to welcome thousands (and one day millions) of customers to our communities over the coming years. We have awesome backers including Y Combinator, Bullpen Capital, NEA, Social Capital, Index Ventures and have been featured in notable publications like the New York Times, Business Insider, San Francisco Chronicle, Silicon Valley Magazine, TechCrunch and many more.
This is an important role on the Operations team, reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer. Your goal is to 1) assist the COO in administering legal compliance protocols; and 2) ensure the Growth team’s hunger for new deals is not limited by our bandwidth to process transactions efficiently and timely.
You will work closely with our lenders, appraisers, insurance brokers, legal counsel, and escrow and title agents to close each of our new properties across San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York markets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather the requisite information to fully understand the Why, Who, Where, and When for each transaction before each closing
- Facilitate collection and distribution of information and diligence materials between necessary stakeholders such as investors, lenders, brokers, escrow agents, appraisers, and selling parties
- Draft and file relevant entity creation documents with state agencies under the guidance of our general counsel
- Facilitate opening company bank accounts and loan processing
- Anticipate deadlines and coordinate with agents and vendors to minimize delays
- Run several closing processes simultaneously across multi-state markets
- Develop professional and trusting relationships internally and externally to secure the most advantageous deal terms and conditions
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in real estate law, real estate transaction management, or real estate acquisitions
- Extensive background in and strong understanding of multi-family real estate transactions, including acquisitions and refinances
- Basic knowledge of corporate structures and filing requirements related to real estate transactions
- Strong understanding of deal economic terms
- Highly communicative and collaborative, with ability to take direction
- Reliable, focused, with demonstrated ability to consistently meet goals and deadlines
- Strong time management skills and experience managing numerous deals simultaneously
- Thrives under pressure
- Desire to try things you’ve never done before and learn from mistakes
- Certification as a paralegal
- License as a notary
- License as a CA real estate salesperson
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical, dental, vision and retirement benefits. You will be working under a CA licensed broker (BRE # pending) and may accrue hours toward obtaining BRE licenses.
The position is based at our HQ in San Francisco but you may be expected to travel to different project sites within California from time to time.
Starcity is an equal opportunity housing provider and employer, and acts in these capacities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.Apply for this job