San Francisco, California • Brand & Marketing • Full-time • salaryApply for this job
Starcity is a lifestyle brand which provides beautifully designed co-living communities in major cities, and we're on track to welcome thousands (and one day millions) of customers to our communities over the coming years. We have awesome backers including Y Combinator, and Bullpen Capital and have been featured in notable publications like The New York Times, Business Insider, San Francisco Chronicle, Silicon Valley Magazine, TechCrunch and many more.
Our mission is to make great cities accessible to everyone. We do that by building beautifully designed coliving homes —a unique new affordable where you can live with great people in the city you love. We’re a tech-enabled company that places a high value on experimentation and excellent craftsmanship.
We’re hiring a Product Designer. This is an important role on the Design team, reporting to the Design Director.
This passionate and conceptual designer will help to tell the story of Starcity. From big life events to everyday moments, you’ll be responsible for bringing the brand to life in ways that are truly inspiring.
Your role will be dynamic and challenging. Your work will play a highly impactful role in evolving and innovating the brand going forward.
- You will design software that makes the lives of our members easier.
- You will help our business operations run smoothly by designing smart solutions for our internal products.
- Be the advocate for our users. You will think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them.
- Make our products beautiful and easy to use. You have a deep understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space.
- You have a highly refined aesthetic sense and can help evolve our visual language.
- You are passionate about making cities accessible to everyone.
- Present wireframes/designs/prototypes and communicate rationale to cross-functional teams, while also giving effective feedback and direction to other team members.
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves and put in the extra effort when necessary.
- 4+ years as a designer with a mix of experience in product design (UI/UX), branding/identity or visual/graphic design.
- 2-4 years of experience in a product design-specific role
- A stunning portfolio that demonstrates your conceptual, strategic, technical, and creative know-how.
- At the core, you’re a passionate designer and storyteller with a knack for designing simple and smart interfaces, thinking systematically, and finessing the details to achieve compelling, beautiful designs.
- You have demonstrated knowledge and experience with taking a vague set of requirements from an idea to a fully-fledged feature or product.
- You know how to balance user needs with business needs, and when to advocate for one or the other.
- You’re highly collaborative with other creative and non-creative folks. You seek feedback to challenge your assumptions and to grow as a designer. You have the ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced startup environment, manage time in an efficient manner and implement feedback from others.
- You live and breathe by Sketch updates, but you’ve also used experimented with the plethora of available design software (Framer, Principle, Figma) because the industry is hot right now.
- You know your way around Adobe Creative Suite because the OG purveyors of design software still paved the way for the newcomers, and got a lot of things right.
- You’ve got some complementary skills you’re proud of. For example, you might be a hobby photographer, a skilled portrait artist, creative copywriter, or dabble in front-end code.
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical, dental and vision benefits. We hope to have the right candidate to join us as early as January 2019. The position is based at our HQ in San Francisco.
Starcity is an equal opportunity housing provider and employer and acts in these capacities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.Apply for this job