San Francisco, California • Community • Full-time • salaryApply for this job
We're a young company that's growing fast and needs people who can keep up. Above all else, we value respect, integrity, craftsmanship and perseverance in our team members.
Starcity is a lifestyle brand which provides beautifully designed co-living communities in major cities, and we're on track to welcome thousands (and one day millions) of customers to our communities over the coming years. We have awesome backers including Y Combinator, Bullpen Capital, NEA, Social Capital, Index Ventures and have been featured in notable publications like The New York Times, Business Insider, San Francisco Chronicle, Silicon Valley Magazine, TechCrunch and many more.
This is an important role on the Community Experience team, reporting directly to the Member Events Manager. You will support the events team with coordination of events, lead recurring event series (monthly wine nights for example) and deliver an experience that truly wows our members across Starcity’s San Francisco communities. You will work closely with our Community and Brand & Marketing Teams to schedule, plan, promote/market and produce events in the San Francisco Bay Area.
One important detail: a key part of this role is being flexible and willing to work some evening and weekend shifts as needed. If evening or weekend work is required, we are happy to give time off the following week to compensate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate logistics for experiential, educational, health/wellness, volunteering, musical and other personal development events
- Handle all attendee and member interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, ensuring we are always managing expectations and staying true to our brand values
- Ensure a gracious arrival experience for all members, prospective members and guests of members while maintaining the necessary level of building security at our events
- Prepare incident reports for member complaints, accidents, thefts, property damage, trespass, contact with law enforcement and any other notable occurrences during events.
- Coordinate all aspects of an event: vendor relations, promotion, on-site hosting, delivery of the wow experience, and evaluate the success of events with event recap, surveys, and reporting
- Conduct research for the Community Team as it relates to venue search, themes, vendors, partners, new trends, caterers, etc.
- Coordinate with Brand & Marketing, and Ops (security) for internal and external event needs
- Respond to all event-related emails in a timely manner
- Plan events around welcoming new members to the communities so that they have a positive move in experience
- Input event information into events platform and ensure all information is up to date
- Order and shop for event materials and ensure that events team is set up with all necessary supplies for each event
- Operate within budget and track expenses
- Liaise with Starcity accounting team on vendor payments and member reimbursements
- Distribute newsletter and update event boards at each SF Starcity location
- Ability to bend, lift, and carry 20 lbs from the ground
Education, Skills, & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality, communications, public relations, marketing, or a related field
- 1-3 years of experience working as an event coordinator, administrative or executive assistant, and/or experience in the hospitality industry
- Knowledge of Google Calendar and Google Suite platforms
- A high level of integrity, perseverance and humility
- An empathetic mindset and passion for community and Member-first customer service
- Excellent project organization and time management
- Detail oriented
- Passionate, self-starting, intelligent, dedicated, and efficient
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical, dental and vision benefits. The position is based at our HQ in San Francisco.
Starcity is an equal opportunity housing provider and employer, and acts in these capacities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.Apply for this job