San Francisco, California • Operations • Full-time • salaryApply for this job
We're a young company that's growing fast and needs people who can keep up. Above all else, we value perseverance, integrity, trust, community, and humility in our team members.
Starcity is a lifestyle brand which provides beautifully designed co-living communities in major cities, and we're on track to welcome thousands (and one day millions) of customers to our communities over the coming years. We have awesome backers including Y Combinator, Bullpen Capital, NEA, Social Capital, Index Ventures and have been featured in notable publications like the Wall Street Journal, NPR, The New York Times, Business Insider, San Francisco Chronicle, and many more.
This is a highly collaborative role on the legal team, reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer/General Counsel and working alongside our Senior Counsel. This newly created role will also regularly team up with the Capital Markets team to complete investor diligence requests and the Development team on filings related to real estate transactions. Your goal will be to keep our teams focused on compliance initiatives, organize and distribute information needed by each party.
- Facilitate the collection and distribution of information and diligence materials between necessary stakeholders such as investors, lenders, brokers, escrow agents, appraisers, and selling parties, as well as outside counsel
- Keep the capitalization table and other corporate records currentAssist in the preparation and review of materials for submission to the Board
- Review and draft basic commercial contracts
- Draft and file relevant entity creation certificates with state agencies
- Obtain EINs and assist the Accounting team on tax-related correspondence
- Develop professional and trusting relationships internally and externally
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience as a corporate paralegal either in a law firm or in-house setting
- Intermediate knowledge of corporate structures and filing requirements related to special purposes entities in California and Delaware
- BA/BS required, focus on legal studies, business administration, or related field preferred
- Ability to write articulately and persuasively
- Commitment to integrity and preserving confidentialityIntensely organized and detail oriented
- Highly communicative and collaborative
- Licensed as a notary in CA
- Paralegal certificate
- Experience as a real estate transaction coordinator, escrow agent, or other role related to real estate transactions
Logistics: The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical, dental, vision and retirement benefits.
The position is based at our HQ in San Francisco, but you may be expected to travel to different project sites within California from time to time.
Starcity is an equal opportunity housing provider and employer and acts in these capacities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.Apply for this job